Friday, January 16, 2009

the grope man

i was recently thinking about a date i had a while back. i had met this man through the lds dating site i was subscribed to at the time. we hit it off big time. everything seemed to go in a healthy and proper "flow". not too slow. not too fast. nothing inappropriate. he was interesting and funny and talking with him made me feel equally interesting and funny. through my post divorce dating only lds guys, i have found that not all share the ideal of keeping the law of chastity-so i have found casual and creative ways of working it into the conversation to find out where they stand on the issue. with this guy, it came up very naturally and we had great discussions on the topic. he was local, but working out of town, so our entire relationship was im,email, and then phone calls. we got increasingly flirty and as we approached "the line"(actually one night, i am pretty sure he crossed it, but we had a bad connection)i figured i needed to broach the subject again.i was so looking forward to seeing him(he was coming home on vacation)and did not want it ruined by any misunderstanding about what i was and was not willing to do. so we talked. we were on the same page. once home, getting together proved to be difficult(5+kids and the killer flu,need i say more?),but he put herculean effort in to get to me(chivalry lives!),enduring major traffic jams due to road contruction and a huge accident. i pulled into the parking lot of where we agreed to meet(i never have a 1st date pick me up at home)he strode right up to my car put his hands on the door and leaned in and gave me a kiss. a nice kiss. i got out of the car, we embraced and smiled at each other. this was good! it was(so far)translating to real world, in person compatibility. we had a nice dinner. he still wasnt feeling well, so we stopped for some otc remedies and headed back to our rendezvous point where he promptly leaned in for some more kissing. he was a good kisser. i tried to lean in as well, but forgot to release my seatbelt, so i was held back. while kissing him back, i tried to reach back with my right hand to release it, but no luck. had to disengage from him to break free. once free, the kissing resumed. again, nice. i was really enjoying it(i guess i should say here that i NEVER kiss on the first date.i am affectionate,but i like to know someone first)until all of a sudden his hand creeped up from my waist to directly on my right breast! internally, i froze. i was loving this makeout session in the front seat of his big black truck. of course i am human and his hand in that area didnt feel so bad either. sigh. it had to move before the line was crossed. complacency would be crossing the line, so while still kissing him i gently moved his hand back to my waist. not immediately, but quick enough, he pulled away and said he needed to get back. he came around, opened my door, hugged and kissed me goodbye. i felt sick to my stomach. you know how you just KNOW things sometimes? i knew he was mad that i wasnt game for more. the thing that pissed me off was we talked about it. in detail. i told him exactly where i stood and he complimented me on my virtue and said he respected my choices. sigh. the high school girl in me was more sad about him not liking me because i wouldnt let him get to 3rd base. a few days later i got an email from him telling me that he had fun, but couldnt see us being any more than friends. sigh. liar.

No comments:

Post a Comment