Tuesday, March 6, 2012

getting older....

my birthday was last week and although i would not consider myself one of those women who cry with every birthday and insist upon lying about their age, i really do not like getting older.  it really does suck in a lot of ways. i want to be fun and spontaneous. sparkle with an effervescent personality that just draws everyone in, but thats not me. i think it used to be, but it really isnt anymore. i grieve a little for the person i was, but i am surprisingly comfortable with my little circle of wonderful friends and my new-ish skills of saying "no" when i truly dont want to do something.  lately, there isnt much i want to do. i feel a little boring, but surprisingly ok with it. is this just a normal part of getting older? maybe its just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment