Wednesday, December 30, 2009

another flash back



this song came up while i was watching "men of a certain age". i have never really listened to the marshall tucker band, but mr ex man sent me this youtube and well...you know. its like never being aware of a specific car and when someone you know gets one, you suddenly see them all over the place.
the same with some of the songs mr ex man would send to me. before he brought the marshall tucker band to my attention, i never would have noticed them. it doesnt come up very often, but when they come on the radio or in the soundtrack of a tv show i am watching. it catches my ear.
heres a sample:

I'm gonna find me a hole in the wall,
I'm gonna crawl inside and die
'Cause my lady, now a mean old woman, Lord
Never told me goodbye
Can't you see, oh, can't you see,
What that woman she been doin' to me
Can't you see, oh, can't you see,
What that woman, she been doin' to me

thats just the second verse. it was the first of what i called his "f-you songs". he HATED when i called them that. he claimed the song demonstrated his deep love and the anguish of how things were not going right between us. whatever.
sigh. i was just enjoying a few days of uninterrupted, not thinking of mr ex man time. then here come the marshall tucker band. thanks. thanks a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment