Tuesday, September 14, 2010

my own personal outer darkness

i have decided to straighten my act up and get way more righteous. no more "accidental" f-bombs or justifying away rated r movies. i dont care if i have a starving infant and my breast milk has dried up, i will not got to the store on sunday for formula. ok, that last one is kind of a hysterical leap, but you get my meaning. i am cleaning up my act. why? you might ask. well this past saturday i got a preview of my eternity if i dont get it together. my outer darkness will be spent keeping score for an endless womens church volleyball game. wailing and gnashing of teeth aint nothing compared to this.

5 comments:

  1. Made the same decision a couple years ago. Decided to read all the scriptures, Old Testament through the D&C in one go. Took about a year and half. You'll be glad, just stick to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what? no pearl of great price or JSH? ;-)
    for the first time in my life, i am ALMOST done with the Book of Mormon. see how bad i am? i really do need to stick to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course, and I read commentaries on everything to make it more interesting. Also included the mission standards, Jesus the Christ, Articles of Faith, Lectures on Faith, and am currently about 1/2 through Marevlous Work and a Wonder. Congrats on the Book of Mormon. It also helps to get the mp3 files. I just finished listening to the D&C during my work out time in the mornings. You can even get the ensign as a mp3. Fill your mind with good things! As an aside I stoped swearing when my 1st child started using those words. That was the motivation I needed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the audio listening suggestion.

    And with the repenting. As bad as that was, it could be even worse. Think of a perpetual High Council Sacrament Meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i dont know blain, i think it would be a close race. i might choose to sit through a hc sacrament meeting rather than a volleyball game. i will have to think about it.

    ReplyDelete