Sunday, May 9, 2010

very specific prophecy

oh my gosh! you are not going to believe this.so i get to church in the nick of time. i actually sat in the chapel instead of out in the foyer as i originally planned.
the talks were nice...none of the "be patient, you will be a mother during the millennium" comments. at all. that was nice.
no one in the bishopric stumbled awkwardly over their comments regarding the distribution of the traditional mothers day gifts.
a priest walked up to me with one of the ribbon tied chocolate gifts and said "here sister single mormon chick". i know this kid. i know his family. he was not forced to do that. it was a genuine gesture and it made me happy.
as i am walking out with my chocolate, i stop to say hi to two sisters who were sitting together in the back. one is probably in her 60's, has 5 grown kids of her own, and is pretty cool. after greeting me she says "this must be an awkward day for you." LOL! NO KIDDING! just like the seriously so blessed post. i know her well enough to joke about it and told her that it really wasnt awkward at all and made a few funny and sarcastic jokes.
all in all. good day.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a good day. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds fairly painless... have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll take chocolate from a teenager any day. Glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete