Tuesday, February 16, 2010

the heart of the matter



this song has so many great lines. classic, really. i love

"what are all these voices outside loves open door
make us throw off our contentment and beg for something more?
"

and

"ah, the trust and self assurance that lead to happiness are the very things we kill, i guess. ahh pride and competition cannot fill these empty arms and the work i put between us, you know, it doesnt keep me warm"

"The End of the Innocence" was released in 1989 and my metal chick-ness kept it off my radar until a few years later when msof and i separated for about a year. this song didnt really speak to our situation, but it was about breaking up and moving on and my heart ached every time i heard it.
i heard it in the car today and it made me think of mr ex man. some lines more than others. i came home and watched it on youtube 3 times in a row, belting it out in my pathetic, talentless, voice.

2 comments:

  1. I love the name of your blog and YES there are many out there. I love the YSA! Even those who graduate from the YSA. Our son almost graduated when he found his wonderful mate. That was a year and 1/2 ago. Hang in there. They still exist.

    I couldn't listen to the song but your message melted my heart. I came by because I love the quote you left about the simple act of kindness~ saving a life might be your sons. So true and and funny!
    ~♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the kind words. glad you stopped by! hope to hear from you again.

    ReplyDelete