Tuesday, February 23, 2010

lesser of the two evils.

sooooooooooo. been playing with the idea of of breaking the dating hiatus, but not sure how to do it. i think calling mr jack mormon is just a bad idea all around, but that would be a gimme. creating a profile on an lds dating site seems like an effort in futility, BUT based on previous experience i could probably get "out there" pretty quick. the other option is a sa activity. bear with me as i retch. ok, we all know it wouldnt be THAT bad, but maybe if i was able to muster up a pioneer,can-do attitude it would be a great experience. yeah right. sorry. forgot about the can do attitude. funny enough, an old friend(i have to write a post about her,she did some crazy stuff, but seems happy now) that got married about a year ago asked me to meet her at a sa dance because her husband is playing the event. to me, this has trouble written all over it. even though i named three "evils", i am taking mr jack mormon out of the running and boiling it down to either going to the dance or creating the profile. not that either would be a means to an end, just thinking its time to do something. any thoughts? suggestions? opinions?

7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I vote for the SA activity. The LDS dating sites make me want to stab my eyes out with a fork. I only get winks or flirts from 21 year old home from their missions for like 2 weeks or like 80 year widowers... Actually, they both sound pretty evil. Keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Minus the mr jack mormon part, we're in the same boat. However, I'm very anti internet dating and I live in the middle of nowhere and I'm related to everyone at the sa activities. Be sure to post what you figure out cuz I may have to follow in your footsteps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. if YOU figure anything out. let me know too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wholeheartedly support you in taking Mr. Jack Mormon off the list of options.

    I'd say go with your old friend's invitation. You'll know at least one person there, so if you can't stand anyone else then at least you can visit with her. Does she know any of the singles at the activity? Maybe she can introduce you to a few.

    Another thing I'd add is that there are some advantages to attending the activities regularly inasmuch as you can. Though there may not be anyone interesting to date, it can be a chance to expand your circle of friends. And who knows--you may hit it off with some guy who visits SA just to try it out once, and if you had just been trying out SA once on a different week from him, you wouldn't have met him.

    If the SA activities don't look promising after a while, then you can always take a look at online dating later.

    That's my two bits. If any of my thoughts seem silly or overly optimistic, well, I came up with them by using my imagination. My only singles ward experience is with BYU student wards, so I don't know firsthand what makes the SA experience so repulsive. I am sincere in wishing you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks everyone! i will let you know what i decide and what happens. if anything happens at all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I vote for doing BOTH.
    I'm online dating now (again) and I find that all the online stuff gives me a little more confidence to get out there and meet ppl in the real world. Serio, whenever I do online dating I then meet someone in reality. It works!

    ReplyDelete