Sunday, October 17, 2010

memories of my mom



i was watching some saturday night live retrospective on vh-1 the other night and while they were discussing 9-11 and their season premiere that year they showed a clip of paul simon singing the boxer.
my mom had a greatest hits 8 track tape of simon and garfunkle and i knew all the songs by heart, including this one.
my memory in general is truly pathetic, but there is something about songs that i always remember. i sang right along with mr simon, word for word.
i get a little giggle when i remember myself as a little girl singing cecilia at the top of my lungs while my mom played it in the car. i am surprised she even let me listen to it. if you dont understand why, you should listen to it, its a little naughty.

No comments:

Post a Comment