Sunday, April 4, 2010

getting better

due to circumstances almost completely within my control, i have rarely sat and watched conference live. i usually TRY , but generally fall back on tivo(love tivo)and watch bits and pieces throughout the upcoming weeks. yes. i said WEEKS. i am sure that i dont need to tell you that something gets lost by following this manner of watching conference. last october i was almost completely unable to participate in any of the "didnt you just love that talk by elder _____?" conversations. it bummed me out and i vowed to do better this conference. so far, so good. well...kind of. i havent watched any of saturdays, but i sat and watched this mornings session in its entirety. i always love to hear President Uchtdorf speak. He is always so uplifting. they all are really. so glad i watched. any favorite highlights you can share with me?

2 comments:

  1. I usually listen to conference several times, but not often much of it live. I've been home for most of most of the sessions this time for the first time in a long time, but haven't gotten much of any of the talks other than the priesthood session last night (which was an excellent session). But I listen to them on mp3 and I've downloaded the full sessions of yesterday's sessions and they're set to listen to when I leave for work in an hour. I also listen to conference talks a time or two afterwards. You can get years worth of them from the Church website.

    I'm going to do some writing about Pres. Uchtdorf's talk last night -- it's the talk I came to conference for this time, without question. I'll probably post it to my blog, if you want to come talk about it. http://blainn.com/ if you've lost the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking forward to your comments of Pres Uchtdorf's talk.
    i need to get an mp3 player :) dont know why i have been so resistant to it.

    ReplyDelete