Thursday, October 15, 2009

the way to a mans heart

i love to cook. love, love, love it. i am really good at it, but i generally do not cook for my dates. for me, cooking is another means of flirting. i do it if i like you. you know, LIKE LIKE you. i made one exception and i am still regretting it. i cooked for mr nice, but boring. hes from kentucky and i just had make my biscuits and sausage gravy for a real southerner. he was coming over to go to church, so i told him to come over a little early for breakfast. eggs, sausage, biscuits, and gravy......YUMMY. he swore i could serve it to his mother and not be ashamed. i really like when my cooking is well received....makes me feel good. after church, i made chicken and dumplings . he liked that as well, so it was a good day all around for me in the kitchen. of course i cooked for mr ex-man. and msof. both loved my cooking and were sweet about complimenting me and being grateful. i miss cooking for someone i love. i enjoy planning meals i know they will like, doing the grocery shopping, and spending the time in the kitchen to make whatever they might like best. if i ever fall in love again i am going to make engagement chicken to seal the deal. when the recipe ran in glamour magazine, the accompanying article told of several staffers who made it for their boyfriends and got engagement rings shortly thereafter. for additional backup i will make rachel rays vodka cream pasta. i know my mother would FLIP OUT if she found out i put alcohol in anything i was cooking, but i am willing to risk the possible word of wisdom implications(it cooks out, doesnt it?)for my eternal happiness with the man i love.

No comments:

Post a Comment